It's my life - It's my way

Often, I come across people, who keep repeating phrases like “What’s with you?”, “why are you like that?”, “I wouldn’t do that way!”, “No body thinks in that way!”, “God! You are different!”, “I would do better my way!” and similar phrases. Sometimes, I don’t understand what’s your problem if I am not the way you thought? After all this is my Life, heed me to be myself. Though, I never cared for these statements and ignore them, as fact, there was time these made damage unknown. And there are good friends who believe, their way is the only way and I, who had been different from that – is altogether an alien. Who are you to kinder my life? Are you being a God? Damn you!

 

I am a Male and named Leela. What’s wrong in that? Should that mean I am female? Or for that matter, why care if I am called Ram or Sita? What’s there in Name? Should Sita only mean a girl?  What’s your problem with me named Leela? Is that bothering you so much? Should I communicate to you I am not female? Are you blind, that you could not gaze from my appearance? Should your blindness to see me be a cause and say I am Gay? Even If I am truly a gay (just for the Devil’s advocate dialogue), how does that matter you? Did I ever cuddle you? If you are ‘Suman’ and a North Indian considers you to be a girl, is he to be blamed? (In South India the name is associated with guys, where as in North India its other way round.) If yes, what are you, in my case? A complete Immature Idiot?

 

Was communicating in English in the office a wrong? What’s with you if I speak English or Hindi or Telugu or for information some other language? Did I bother you to learn the language I use? Or did I criticize you with out bequest? Was the hard work I did constantly to improve my English vocabulary and pronunciation, a crime? Was it a crime watching English Movies in this democratic country? Does that mean I denigrate Telugu? Was listening to Jazz, Rock or Light Rock or read English News paper or think big being American Attitude? Should Indians not dream of being big and great? Should being humorous a crime? Should being polite on phone be an American attitude? Are Indian’s not known to be polite? Just because I am 25, should I not be kid at play? Was it a crime, because you thought an adult could not be child and live a life serious? Should that be I do only what majority around (rather read what you) does? Where am I living? India or Taliban Inflicted Afghanistan.

 

Why is it that one has to look in your way? Are you looking in the way I wanted? No. Even if yes, should that mean you decide what I be. I say care damn for you and your thought of me living. It’s My Life – My Way. I choose it and let it be that way. Is that a problem with you? If so, who is to be blamed, you or me?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Its really cool, very right what you say !
Don't worry. Great minds are always different from the other folks and people just can't understand them. :-)

Saying this, it's your life and it's your way as long as your way is not blocking the others'. Your freedom ends where my nose starts. For example, one can't play loud music/ringtone in a public space and say it's my life and it's my way.

There is no need to please anyone, but should cause inconvenience/grief to none. This is my theme. Individual thoughts and opinions vary.
Unknown said…
wow u preetyy much summed up about the questioning a person faces..
be it because of name.. or from the place he/she is from.. why this? why r u like that? blah blah blah..

this is how one is.. and thats how one should be accepted .. but then some ppl dont get it..

nice blogg...
@ani

Thanks for the comments ani.

@jb
Though there is nothing to very, some times idle-brains multiply anger and frustrations. Felt to write these words and this post came out.
Continue said…
nice one dude.. keep it up..its not the name or habits that defines a person ..i dont know what defines a person though :) .. but dude nice blog

Popular Posts