Google Chrome

I came to know of this new browser from my Manager. And I am like "Hmmm! One another browser! What's it going to be like? Another IE? Another Mozilla? What's so special about Google Web Browser? Probably it's gonna come inbuilt with their search mechanism included! (Gosh! What does that mean? I don't know!). Let me see it's features."

Thinking so I requested google to help me in reaching their new browser. Much to my surprise - there is no download of the 'Google Chrome' (It's yet to be released, all this hungama is for the fact they are going to release a browser. Stupid! I thought so). Though, all I got to is references to few broken links (directing either to google search home or a google 404 page not found) and a bunch of links mostly of blogs and media links (just like this one). So, what's new in this browser? As per the claims of Google's official Blog - "Start from scratch" to build a browser that suites the needs of todays web usage and leveraging the current technology. Well what does this mean? I expect something on the architecturally dealing various operations of the browser in meeting todays web. Luckily (google feeling lucky!) I came across the Google Chrome Comic, a 38-page comic book describing the issues and the solutions dealt by Google Chrome.

Explaining the comic way is a nice way of explaining the core features and the internal tasks and working of a complex application like browser to both the IT and non-IT community. As I scrolled through the pages (which, as a matter of fact are not having enough clarity), I came across some interesting feature packs they are making. I see not much change in the way we use browser but a lot in the way browser see the web pages and process the web pages. It's truely from scratch and is exploiting the best of the solution in building this browser and is not just about more features and better look and feel (However, I am not striking of new features which might get included in the project, which I believe would is possible due to the architecture the browser will exploit).

I am really excited to see this new explorer, though I am bit sad that I cannot use it on my laptop (I moved to open source community - Linux!) for some more time. However the news "It's a fully opensource product" makes me smile more for I can get hands on code. Who knows I might even fix a bug or two in this prestigious product! :-)

Wishing this new product will give a new era on browsing and enabling us in building better applications!

Comments

Popular Posts